Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 11th, 2008 - "Believe it or Not"

I have yet to fall asleep, so yesterday is still today until my eyelids can no longer delay tomorrow.

I apologize, dear journal slash blog slash diary slash imaginary audience, for the lack of an entry for January 11th proper. I tend to do a lot of my writing in the wee hours of the morning, so maybe we should adjust my entry deadlines to some timezone nearer to the Marianas trench. The reason for this one being late for the GMT Eastern timezone is because today has been filled up with commuting and preparing for Sunday. And thinking without thought; a trend in labor.

The primary of today was spent in Florence getting all those techno goodies and school supplies that financial aid refunds tend to bring about. Being a Journalism is almost like reverting to the 4th grade: pens, pencils, notebook paper, a stack of colorful legal pads and lots and lots of erasers. Indeed, I could keep all the paper in a trapper keeper and tote the erasers in a Spider-Man plastic lunchbox with a broken snap and I could probably pass for the demographic.

But despite the busy scheduling and ripping out the innards of my computer all through today and this evening, I've not thought much about anything of consequence that didn't require batteries or a driver CD, which is a blessed occurrence- the lack of thinking, not the driver CD. Those are a pain. In fact, it is only just recently, while washing dishes by hand at 3:30am listening to some random Nickelback that I was absolutely shocked by something:

I'm okay. I'm not sad or lonely or frustrated or angry or terribly lovesick of distant. I'm actually quite at peace at this moment and I wish had a bottle of champaign to celebrate. While scrubbing some plate or another, I thought about my return to 'The Wu' and what all my return will entail, especially on the first day, and I'm fine with it. I'm actually a little happy with expectation and that only scares me a little. Just a little. A wee, not too much to worry over.

I think I'm just unfamiliar with feeling alright and okay. I think, also, that I'd like to become familiar with the feeling. So here's an imaginary crystal fluted toast to feeling "okay".


P.S. - "And also- cuz I don't need no numbers!" - Thanks Chad, for bringing out the idiot in me.

No comments: